Direct Mail is a strong and affordable marketing strategy that small businesses can use to find, attract, and retain customers. You can use direct mail to reach your target audience, increase sales, and generate leads. True Leaf can support you as you develop Direct Mail for your business – from gathering content, to design, production, list management, and mailing.
Owing to the once profitable nature of direct mail as an add-on service for commercial print shops, there is an abundance of shops (printers) capable of printing and mailing your direct mail projects.
Where we are a great fit is if you need some strategy, direction, help finding a list, deciding what to mail, content of your message and ways to incorporate that into your online presence.
About Direct Mail
The words “direct mail” remind many people of unwanted “junk” mail – inserts, postcards, and other mail received almost daily. Unwanted and discarded straight to the recycle bin. Usually without even opening or reading it.
We’re talking about a different way to do direct mail. Something handled with foresight and development, with care to the needs of the customers, focused on valuable content, and measurable results. Lists can be purchased as you move into developing a strong mailing list of your own. We can help you with easy ways to
We can educate you on the many options available and guide you through the decision making process. To identify if this medium is a strong fit for your business and your customers.
How They Benefit Small Business
While you may see messages encouraging you to “get on social media” and “send email marketing” the numbers actually demonstrate that as a small business you would probably have the most success with direct mail.
Surprised? We were too.
Since 2018 we have monitored a set of core struggles faced by small businesses with social media and email marketing. This is not to say those two marketing methods cannot be very helpful. But it is to say that if you are struggling with these mediums and want to consider other options – direct mail is definitely something to consider.
Advantages of Direct Mail Over Online Marketing
Direct mail is tactile – meaning your customer holds it in their hand. That means they use a different part of their vision system to review the marketing than when they view online marketing. And this is important because people read printed material 30% faster than online material. Plus consider these other benefits:
- 70% of consumers say direct mail is more personal (than their online interactions – such as social media and email marketing). Source-Fundera
- 73% of American consumers say they prefer direct mail contact from brands. Because they can read direct mail whenever they want – such as over a cup of morning coffee. Source-Epsilon
- Direct mail offers a 29% return on investment. Source-Marketing Charts
- You can rise to the top with direct mail. The average household receives only two direct mail pieces a day compared to 157 emails. Source-USPS Marketer’s Guide
- Direct mail is permanent. It doesn’t go into someone’s junk folder. It doesn’t get deleted accidentally. It doesn’t disappear down the feed.
- It can include a response mechanism such as a reply card, special coupon code, etc.
- It can include attachments such as post-its, magnets and schedules.